Friday, February 12, 2016

Update for the Year of the Monkey 2016

I did watch Highlander from '86 as well as Aliens from '86 and I also watched a borderline okay movie called Rampage from 1987.  My point is, like I said, the blog is gonna slow down.  I'm not gonna fuckin review movies like Highlander and Aliens.  You've seen those already, and I'm not going to watch movies just to throw my opinions out there.  I'm going to step back and only do like 6-10 reviews a month I think, and keep it fairly obscure.  I'm not saying this is my last commonly known movie, but I do want to watch things that are unknown.

I also had an experience last night as after I watched this.  After this I started some movie called The People Who Own the Dark, and I don't remember any of it, but I did have this feeling as I watched it that I really miss watching good movies.  I think this was brought on because I am supposed to rewatch Kubrick's The Shining with my wife, who hasn't seen it, and I'm psyched about that.  But more, I actually have put things I want to watch on hold for this blog, and that has to stop.  I have so many movies I want to see.  If I could include a list, I would.  In fact, I will put a list on this blog, but it's not complete.  IT NEVER IS!  The list of movies I want to say is, in a word, infinite.  I have movies saved on Netflix, I have lists of movies, I have memories of things that aren't saved or written anywhere, etc.  And it only ever grows.

So that said, expect things to keep slowing down, but I'm not quitting yet.  I did hit that one year mark I talked about, but I'm not going to stop this shit.  I enjoy it, so why should I?  Okay, update over.


Here's the list:

Razorback 1984
Demons 4 and 5 and 3 (The Church 1989, Black Demons 1991, The Mask of the Demon 1989 aka The Devils’ Veil)
The Dark 1979
Bloody New Year 1987
Def-Con 4 (1985)
Wizard of Gore 1970
The Brain From Planet Arous 1958
Progeny 1998
Rottweiler 2004
Octaman  1971
Nightmare in Blood 1977  some boring looking vampire movie, not sure why its on here
Spirits of the Air, Gremlins of the Clouds (1989)
Night of the Bloody Apes  -  some insane looking bloodfest exploitation
Robinson Crusoe on Mars 1964
Street Trash 1987
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtKVeOmUyww  Zontar the thing from Venus
The Creature of Destruction  -this and Zontar are Larry Buchanan
Robot Wars (1993)
Chinese Hercules  1973 – Bolo Yeung, looks great
Deadly Snake Versus Kung Fu Killers (1977)
 Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowl-O-Rama (1988)
Future-Kill (1985)  hugely trashy 80’s fun
The Incredible Melting Man (1977)  effect filled sci fi that MST3K riffed on  (questionable?)
Damnation Alley 1977    post apocalypse sci fi
The Outing/The Lamp (1987)  - evil genie thing with lots of effects
The Hideous Sun Demon – classic b&w sci fi
From Hell It Came (1957) tree trunk monsters
A Nymphoid Barbarian in Dinosaur Hell (1990) – when Troma was still decent
Horror of the Blood Monsters (1970) – another ok looking vamp film
Invasion of the Blood Farmers (1972)  - backwoods Chainsaw
Frankenstein Meets the Spacemonster (1965) – classic b&w scifi
Creepozoids (1987) – 80’s sleaze horror
Thunder of Gigantic Serpent (1988) – Canadian giant monster movie!
The Meateater (1979)
Uninvited (1988 Video)  killer cat movie!
There's Nothing Out There (1991)  slasher set in the woods, like so many others
Dogs (1976)     killer animals
Strays (1991)     killer animals
Play Dead (1985)    killer animals
The Unseen (1980)  creepy looking thriller
Gymkata (1985)   overly ridiculous action film
Pin (1988)
Torso 1973
The Washing Machine (1993) sex thriller which may also have an evil washing machine
Night of the Demons – 1988  Demons like action horror
Remote Control (1988)   Blue Sunshine director
Zombie 1979 
Clones of Bruce Lee
The Dragon Lives Again 1977          
Eaten Alive (1977)   beyond cheesy looking cannibal movie.  Umberto Lenzi
Spontaneous Combustion (1990)  Tobe Hooper and Brad Dourif
Night Terrors (1993)  Tobe Hooper and Robert Englund
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_3  the creepers / the crawlers 1993  -  Contamination .7
The Executioner, Part II(1984)
Frankenhooker (1990)    trashy comedy horror
Rawhead Rex (1986)
Anthropophagus (1980)
Night Train to Terror (1985)             retro lookin thriller
Star Odyssey (1979)   (this is the third one from Alfonso Brescia who did War of the Robots)
Just Before Dawn 1981 (directed by the guy that did Blue Sunshine)
Blind Dead Series: Tomb of the Blind Dead, Return of the Evil Dead, Ghost Galleon, Night of the Seagulls
The Devil's Rain (1975)   cult film with Anton LaVey and William Shatner!
Star Crystal 1986 – some Alien rip off
The Vineyard (1989) weird looking, James Hong!
Jaws 5: Cruel Jaws  - Bruno Mattei
Spider Labyrinth 1988 – crazy horror
Incubus 1965
Werewolf and the Yeti
Phantasm series

Slashers-
Don't Go in the House (1979)
Don’t go near the park 1979
Don’t go in the woods 1981
To All a Goodnight 1980
Don’t Look in the Attic


No comments:

Post a Comment

Saw IV / Saw V - 2007/ 2008

 I'm going dual review because this series is not giving me a lot to say, and in fact I barely remember what happened in these films des...